FTP Problem -- WarFTPd 1.82.00-RC2 on the other end

Ed Skinner plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Jun 16 13:29:02 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 12:19, Scott wrote:
> On 6/16/05, Ed Skinner <ed@flat5.net> wrote:
> > Using the command line "ftp" on Linux, when I connect to the server, =
it
> > identifies itself as "WarFTPd 1.82.00-RC2 July 13, 2003". I'm getting
> > logged
> > in OK but when I do a "dir" (or "ls"), the connection just seems to h=
ang.
> > "binary" and "prompt" get the expected responses but then "mget *" al=
so
> > hangs.
> > Note that running CuteFTP on a Windows box and connecting to this sam=
> > server seems to work OK (until Windows crashes from not being booted
> > often enough [grrrr]).
> > Any idea what I need to do in Linux to make it work with this server?
> > TIA
>
> Just for the heck of it, try using lftp or ncftp instead.

     lftp works! I'm now mirroring the server's files to my local machine=
 and=20
it's clicking along nicely.
     I'm guessing that the server was using some protocol that plain old =
ftp=20
didn't know. I'm curious to figure it out but have a bunch of downloads t=
o=20
get done first.
     Added lftp to my "nice tool" box.
     Thanks! (PLUG to the rescue!!)