FTP Problem -- WarFTPd 1.82.00-RC2 on the other end

Ed Skinner plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Jun 16 08:33:02 2005

Doesn't seem to help. The man page also mentioned "sendport" as possibly=20
working around some defective ftp servers but it didn't make any differen=
ce=20
either. Thanks for the idea, nonetheless.
It seems to be a "fact of life" that Windows has become a necessary evil.
(Too bad the Scottsdale Gun Club won't allow CDROMs as targets.)

On Thursday 16 June 2005 07:56, Erik Bixby wrote:
> It sounds like it could be an active versus passive ftp issue.  If you
> are behind any sort of firewall, you'll want to use passive ftp (if
> memory serves).  You might read the man page for your ftp client and
> see how you go about telling it which mode to use...
>
> On 6/16/05, Ed Skinner <ed@flat5.net> wrote:
> >      Using the command line "ftp" on Linux, when I connect to the ser=
ver,
> > it identifies itself as "WarFTPd 1.82.00-RC2 July 13, 2003". I'm gett=
ing
> > logged in OK but when I do a "dir" (or "ls"), the connection just see=
ms
> > to hang. "binary" and "prompt" get the expected responses but then "m=
get
> > *" also hangs.
> >      Note that running CuteFTP on a Windows box and connecting to thi=
> > same server seems to work OK (until Windows crashes from not being bo=
oted
> > often enough [grrrr]).
> >      Any idea what I need to do in Linux to make it work with this
> > server? TIA

--=20
Ed Skinner, ed@flat5.net, http://www.flat5.net/