development project

Joseph Sinclair plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Feb 23 12:04:02 2005

--------------080109070808020708030206

Great to hear it.  We're still getting started, and I wanted to wait
until after the J2EE presentation to begin discussing architecture
(including platform choice).  I was hoping to see a GNUe presentation
soon as well, so the core team (not yet defined) could make an
intelligent determination of which would be the better platform for this
project.  I intended to kick off the initial discussions via the devel
list after the next devel meeting.

If you're interested in working on an open source (GPL) development
project with PLUG, try to attend that meeting, and we'll see what
develops from there ;)

==Joseph++

Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu wrote:

>I would like to participate on this project.  I have a degree in Computer Info
>Systems, but I do not want to be a project manager, and I can only program in
>JAVA...  But I am up for the architecture designee phase, or whatever I can do
>to help :)
>
>On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Alan Dayley wrote:
>

>>Sorry for replying to the wrong list.  I updated my desktop and my email
>>client filters are a bit scrambled.
>>
>>As I stated in the discuss list:
>>
>>"Well, Joseph is the point man on the project, as far as I know.  He is
>>also due to give the Devel presentation next week so maybe he is
>>concentrating on that preparation before firing up the project.  It would
>>be good to bring it up in the Devel email list.
>>
>>"I have not contacted Derek about a GNUe presentation, though he probably
>>will see this exchange.  I'll check with him."
>>
>>I have sent a persentation invitation to Derek.  We'll see how his
>>availability is.
>>
>>I have purposefully been holding back on pushing the project.  I'd like to
>>see others step up and do things in the group.  So, I bring the issue up
>>but am backing off ot let others take the reigns and the lime light, as it
>>were.
>>
>>Anyone is welcome to bring it up and push the issue further.  Email Joseph
>>directly and get stuff going.  I'd like to see it grow.
>>
>>Alan

--------------080109070808020708030206

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I wanted to wait until after the J2EE presentation to begin discussing
architecture (including platform choice).&nbsp; I was hoping to see a GNUe
presentation soon as well, so the core team (not yet defined) could
make an intelligent determination of which would be the better platform
for this project.&nbsp; I intended to kick off the initial discussions via
the devel list after the next devel meeting.<br>
If you're interested in working on an open source (GPL) development
project with PLUG, try to attend that meeting, and we'll see what
develops from there ;)<br>
==Joseph++<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu">Bryan.ONeal@asu.edu</a> wrote:
 cite="midPine.GSO.4.21.0502231233160.12900-100000@general3.asu.edu"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">I would like to participate on this project.  I have a degree in Computer Info
Systems, but I do not want to be a project manager, and I can only program in
JAVA...  But I am up for the architecture designee phase, or whatever I can do
to help :)

    <pre wrap="">Sorry for replying to the wrong list.  I updated my desktop and my email