Mega-Installfest Desiderata List

Trent Shipley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun Apr 24 21:49:02 2005

After talking to Bryan and Hans at the ASU semi-annual installfest, I have
added a few items to the "list".

I've also taken a second look at the list and reorganized it by standard
business domains.

If we want programming objects to follow domain analysis then some
implications are emerging.

Desiderata are dominated by HR, inventory, and scheduling issues.

Inventory contains catalog entries.
Catalog entries contain batches.
Batches contain items.

Items have histories
Items have scheduling.

HR contains an agent list (a rolodex)
The agent list contains agents (more accurately, it has pointers to agent
records of type "Agent".)
Humans are a type of agent
Corporations are a type of agent.
Workers are a type of agent.
Volunteers are a type of worker.
Donors are a type of worker.
HR contains a role catalog
HR contains a skill catalog
Roles imply skills (oooh! logic programming meets objects).
Agents have roles.
Agents have skills.
Agents have histories.
Agents have role histories.
Items have scheduling.

Scheduling is pervasive.  It is not an object _per se_.  It is more of a
universally available subscription service.

SEE:
http://trents-stuff.belfryenterprises.com/Engineering/Mega-Installfest_Desiderata_List.sxw