Ann: Devel Meeting April 7th (Tomorrow)

Joseph Sinclair plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Apr 6 23:37:02 2005

--------------080500010308030800070204

You're not putting me on the spot at all.  I've always held that a
project lead (or any professional for that matter) should be able to
discuss their current project in detail at any time.  I'm happy to
discuss any aspect of the EPP with the group, including how requirements
should be documented, how requirements flow to design, what design is,
where the project is at this time, and any other related topic.

I hope we have a lot of people show up to participate in the discussion,
and offer ideas for how to move forward.

==Joseph++

Alan Dayley wrote:

>The next PLUG Devel Meeting is on Thursday, April 7th.
>
>What: PLUG Developer Meeting
>When: Thursday, April 7th, 2005 at 7:00 PM
>Where: Adtron Corporation
>4415 E. Cotton Center Blvd., Suite 100
>Phoenix, AZ 85040
>(Directions are available in the web site FAQ here:
>http://plug.phoenix.az.us/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=PLUG+Meetings&parent_id=0#27
>
>Topic: The InstallFest Planner Project: Where it's at.  Requirements
>gathering.  Team construction (maybe).
>
>A GNUe presentation is not prepared.  (See note below.)  But the
>InstallFest/Event Planner is at a point where much discussion needs to be
>completed and perhaps some decisions be made.  I expect Joseph to take
>the lead here since he is the current Project Leader.  I hope I am not
>putting you on the spot, Joseph.  Interested parties are welcome to
>contribute to the discussion.
>
>Requirements gathering is an important part of a software project.  We
>will also have excellent potential users of the software in the form of
>PLUG InstallFest participants and organizers along with ASULUG people (or
>person).  We should be able to pin down requirements and watch how this
>can flow to the design.  It will, I think, be very informative to anyone
>interested in a software development process.
>
>I plan to potentially reverse the layout of the room so we can use the
>marker boards in the Training Room at the back of the Break Room we meet
>in.  Hopefully the double doors will be wide enough for every one to have
>a good view.  The projector will also be available.
>
>Please come and learn part of the software development process.  We have
>some pretty experienced people involved with much to show and contribute.
>
>Alan
>
>GNUe Note:
>
>I have installed GNUe on my test box that we use in the meeting.  I got to
>the point of configuring a database connection and got no further.  So, a
>GNUe presentation is out for tomorrow.  We could discuss it and explore
>together, if we want.  (I am impressed with how far the documentation on
>the project has come since the last time I looked at it.)

--------------080500010308030800070204

<head>
</head>
always held that a project lead (or any professional for that matter)
should be able to discuss their current project in detail at any time.&nbsp;
I'm happy to discuss any aspect of the EPP with the group, including
how requirements should be documented, how requirements flow to design,
what design is, where the project is at this time, and any other
related topic.<br>
I hope we have a lot of people show up to participate in the
discussion, and offer ideas for how to move forward.<br>
==Joseph++<br>
Alan Dayley wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">The next PLUG Devel Meeting is on Thursday, April 7th.

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://plug.phoenix.az.us/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=PLUG+Meetings&parent_id=0#27">http://plug.phoenix.az.us/modules.php?op=modload&amp;name=FAQ&amp;file=index&amp;myfaq=yes&amp;id_cat=3&amp;categories=PLUG+Meetings&amp;parent_id=0#27</a>