Ifconfig ppp0 output wanted

Paul Dickson plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon Apr 4 09:16:02 2005

If anyone is still using dialup, could you please send me the output
created by running "ifconfig ppp0" (change this to ppp1 if that's what
you're using).

I have a shell script that updates dyndns.org host records, but I no
longer have a dialup account to verify that the script still works.

Feel free to replace your IP address if you feel you need to.  Just don't
change the format of the output (eg 192.168.1.1 should be 999.999.9.9).

Currently, the script works under bash and busybox's much more limited
ash.  I originally did not use busybox's ifconfig, which is why I haven't
tested this part before now.

BTW - Doe anyone know how to determine the external IP address when not
running on the firewall machine?

	-Paul