Intro to Python Messages

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Sep 9 10:53:02 2004

Paul Dickson said:
> If there's any interest, I have some intro to python messages I can post
> here.  They were intended for a group with very little programming
> experience, but they cover the basics of the language.
>
> My first four articles cover the interpreter, strings, lists, indexing
> strings and lists, and dictionaries.  I'll write more if there's
> interest in these four.
>
> The largest is less than 8K, and that's with a 3K header on the message.
> :-)
>
> Should I post them?

I'd like to see them.

I don't remember upper limit on email size for the PLUG lists.  If it is
too big it will get kicked to moderation.  If it gets kicked to
moderation, it will probably get drowned in all the junk the list gets and
deleted along with the junk.  But is worth a try.

Regardless of whether or not the email post works, I would also suggest
that you submit them as one or more articles to the PLUG web site.
(Wouldn't it be nice to have content on the site besides meeting
announcements and job notices?!?)

Thanks for the offer.  I'll wait anxiously to see them.

Alan

PS Do you want to sign up to do a presentation at a PLUG Devel meeting?
We'd love to have you show your work and how you did it.  ;^)