Announce: Devel Meeting September 2nd

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Sep 1 16:58:02 2004

PLUG Devel Meeting is on this Thursday, September 2nd.

What: PLUG Developer Meeting
When: Thursday, September 2, 2004 at 7:00 PM
Where: Adtron Corporation
       4415 E. Cotton Center Blvd., Suite 100
       Phoenix, AZ 85040
Topic: Reusable Shell Scripts for System Administration

Our previously scheduled presenter was called out of town on business.
Hans will be stepping up to show us some shell and Perl scripts that help
make sytem administration easy.  I, for one, am hoping to hone my
shell/Perl programming skills with this one.

The meeting will be held at Adtron, finally.  See the Meeting FAQ on the
website for full directions:

http://plug.phoenix.az.us/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=PLUG+Meetings&parent_id=0#27

Be carefull with the MapQuest.com map, linked below and in the FAQ.  It
shows the location star in the wrong place.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtype=address&cat=&address=4415%20E%20Cotton%20Center%20Blvd&city=Phoenix&state=AZ&zipcode=85040%2d8854&search=%20%20Search%20%20&searchtab=address

The building is actually more east and south of the star shown.  Just turn
in the driveway on the south side of the traffic circle with the big
fountain and you'll see the building on the right.  The front door is on
the east side of the building, south of the big Adtron logo up high on the
east wall.

All that remains is to test at the wall jack to prove that we have
internet connectivity available for those that want it during the meeting.
 All infrastructure on the "meeting side" of the jack is the
responsibility of the group.  I can gather some power strips and maybe
some patch cables.  Hans already offered to bring a switch or two.  If you
want something more, bring it along.  The wall jack will be a direct line
into a NIC on a firewall.  Also, be prepared to do static IP configuration
since the firewall will not be providing DHCP, just a NAT gateway.  I'll
have IPs of DNS servers we can use.

Come on down for a good meeting and see Adtron's new place.  Oh, almost
forgot, I'll have some new O'Reilly books on programming as "swag."

Alan