How to move CVS tag?

Jerry Davis plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Mar 30 20:18:02 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 06:33 pm, Alan Dayley wrote:

Usage: cvs tag [-bcdFflR] [-r rev|-D date] tag [files...]
        -b      Make the tag a "branch" tag, allowing concurrent development.
        -B      Allows -F and -d to disturb branch tags.  Use with extreme
care.
        -c      Check that working files are unmodified.
        -d      Delete the given tag.
        -F      Move tag if it already exists.
        -f      Force a head revision match if tag/date not found.
        -l      Local directory only, not recursive.
        -R      Process directories recursively.
        -r rev  Existing revision/tag.
        -D      Existing date.

OTTOMH,

I would try the cvs tag -F -r  1.1.2.5 TagA filename

Jerry