Next meeting topic? (April 1st)

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Mar 17 13:04:02 2004

We are coming up quickly on the next meeting date.  I would like to pin
down a topic well before the day before.

There was a March offer from Rob for a presentation on one of these topics:

Design Patterns
Embedded Linux et al
C++ Programming

Perhaps we can get him to present this April instead.

The list of all the other topics is at the bottom of this email.

Now, there were several offers to present many of these topics.  However,
it seems to be the case that the person is willing but the schedule is
weak.  In other words, many people want to present but can't make it on
the meeting day in question.  So, with this email, I'd like to start two
discussions:

1. Let's get a topic and presenter for the next meeting.  That would be on
Thursday, April 1st.  Email me or the list if you want to present on that
day.

2. If you want to present a topic, you can look at the calendar and pick a
first Thursday to offer the presentation.  In other words, if you have or
want to voluteer as a presenter, pick the day you want to offer to
present.  Then I don't have to ask every month and you know what you
committed to.  :^)  Just email me with the topic and meeting day you want
to have.  First come, first serve.

Alan

- - X11 programming
- - Secure programming
- - QT
- - Ruby
- - Python
- - Driver development
- - Specific driver development. For example, how to write a network, block
device, etc driver.
- - Porting Linux to new CPUs
- - Cool embedded projects
- - Managing your own distribution (is this a devel or regular topic...?)
- - Kernel Hacking including kernel debugging.
- - Programming techniques or concepts.
- - Introduction to new languages or such.
- - Database programming etc...
- - OpenGL Graphics Programming
- - J2EE Web Application Development with Tomcat and MySQL
- - Building a C++ app Overview - Emacs/GCC/Make/GDB/
- - What to think about, best practices etc... when programming Linux.
- - Glade (or any scheme lang)
- - Gtkmm
- - Anjuta
- - ruby binding to Glade
- - Cocoon
- - Mozilla's Native Database Support
- - XUL (though its a moving target now )