Next presentation needed

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Aug 10 19:29:02 2004

We have the next Devel Meeting coming on September 2nd.  I am planning to hold
it at Adtron (finally) so we can see how the group like the place.  I am
working to get internet connectivity for the group during the meeting.  (I'll
post more discussion about that as I have some answers.)

Back in December we made up this list of possible topics.  I have eliminated
the topics already presented since then and left the rest.  Obviously, anyone
is welcome to suggest another topic or present on something "devel-ish" that
is not on the list.  Do we have a volunteer to present for September 2nd?

Alan

- - X11 programming
- - Secure programming
- - A hackfest where everyone that can brings notebooks and programming
challenges or contributions are made to project(s)
- - Panel discussion on something (ie. a topic with a panel rather than a
single presenter.)
- - QT
- - Ruby
- - Python
- - Driver development
- - Specific driver development. For example, how to write a network, block
device, etc driver.
- - Porting Linux to new CPUs
- - Cool embedded projects
- - Managing your own distribution (is this a devel or regular topic...?)
- - Kernel Hacking including kernel debugging.
- - Programming techniques or concepts.
- - Introduction to new languages or such.
- - Database programming etc...
- - Nessus (a security app)
- - OpenGL Graphics Programming
- - J2EE Web Application Development with Tomcat and MySQL
- - Building a C++ app Overview - Emacs/GCC/Make/GDB/
- - What to think about, best practices etc... when programming Linux.
- - Glade (or any scheme lang)
- - Gtkmm
- - Anjuta
- - ruby binding to Glade