Telling make not to pull from SCCS

Deepak Saxena plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon Nov 17 11:00:07 2003

Is there a way to force make to not pull files from SCCS? I've
got the following situation and it's driving me crazy:

I have my development kernel in /usr/src/linux-arm-2.4-ds and using
BK as my source control tool

I have the Linux MTD cvs in /usr/src/linux-mtd-cvs

In my kernel dir, I've done a 'bk edit' of all the mtd related
files (drivers/mtd/*, fs/jffs2/*, include/linux/mtd/*). From the
mtd dir, I've run the patchin.sh script to update my kernel
tree with the latest MTD bits.  I've told it to _not_ copy, but
instead create links as I have to make some changes and want them
pushed into MTD cvs.

When I do a 'bk difftool', BK seems ok with this arrangement and
gives me a diff of the latest MTD code vs what was originally
checked into my local repository.

When I do a make zImage, make is pulling the versions out of BK's
SCCS dir instead of using the linked versions. I'm not sure why this
is happening since the actual files the links point to are writeable
and from the local tree's point of view, they have been checked out.
This means that I end up with the original versions of the file,
not the new code from MTD cvs.

So my question is whether there's an easy way to tell make not get
the files from the SCCS dir?

Tnx,
~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena@plexity.net

"To eliminate the concept of waste means to design things - products,
 packaging, and systems - from the very beggining on the understanding
 that waste does not exist" - William McDonough & Michael Braungart,
                 from Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things