August Presentation

Darwin Martin plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Jun 3 20:27:02 2003

Ted,
I would be interested in the GTK+ and Glib presentation. I cast my vote
for GTK+.

Darwin K. Martin
Senior Consultant, IntelliCode, Inc.
dmartin@intelliCodeinc.com
mobile: (480) 650-3225

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-devel-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-devel-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of Ted
Gould
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 8:31 AM
To: PLUG Devel List
Subject: August Presentation

Hey all,

I think that I volunteered for the August presentation.  And, the topic
that I volunteered for was even lower level than the kernel (like
OS/processor issues).  Now it seems like we've done a lot of low-level
stuff in the last few months.  I was thinking that maybe I should cover
something a little bit higher level.  Here are some ideas (with how much
I think I can cover in an hour+):

- GTK+ and the Glib Object system (hello world type app, with some
explanation of the basic philosophies)
- SVG (probably couldn't get into animation or filters, but could do the
basics)
- MPEG systems (this is technically what I do for a living, but I don't
know how applicable it is to other folks)

Or, I can cover low level stuff.  Ideas?  Opinions?

		--Ted