Monthly meetings?

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon Dec 8 22:32:02 2003

My "foggy" hints of changes that would effect the meeting schedule have bee=
n=20
clarified.  Rumors, fairly solid ones, were circulating that Adtron may be=
=20
moving locations very soon.  The rumors were sort-of confirmed.  A move is=
=20
being planned and seriously considered but is not imminent.  IF (big if) it=
=20
happens, it will take place some months from now.  I did not want to start=
=20
pushing for monthly meetings if the meeting location would be disrupted.

But, now that worry is out of current scope, so I think we can seriously ta=
lk=20
about having monthly Devel meetings.

Adtron can host them, as usual.  I talked to management and they don't have=
 a=20
problem with that.  I think the only trick is getting topics and staying=20
happy with the meeting day.

Topics should not be a problem with all the choices in the list and=20
volunteers.  (Yes, I am tracking you volunteers off the published topic lis=
t. =20
You won't get away!)

The meeting day was chosen as the only week of each month that did not alre=
ady=20
have a PLUG or FS/OSS group meeting.  Some have suggested that having it in=
=20
the first week of the month helps it to "sneak up" on people and the end up=
=20
missing it.  I, however, am not sure where to move it.  Here are the main=20
events that I know about:

=2D - PLUG Devel - first Monday
=2D - PLUG East Side - Second Thursday
=2D - GNU/Linux Stammtisch - Third Tuesday
=2D - PLUG West Side - Fourth Tuesday
=2D - AzPHP - Fourth Tuesday
=2D - DeVry LUG - Fourth ?day, I guess...

So, if Devel were to change weeks, where would we go?  I wouldn't mind a mo=
ve=20
off of Monday as it is a very busy work day for me.  So I would suggest a=20
move to the first Thursday, but still in the first week of each month.

So, the two questions before the group:
Do we go to monthly meetings instead of bi-monthly?
Do we move to a day of the month other than the first Monday?  If so, which=
=20
day?

Alan