secure programming

der.hans plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Dec 3 16:59:02 2003

moin, moin,

the shadow thread brought up an important point that often gets overlooked:

security

I'm certain we've all had to deal with programs that really didn't do
security correctly.

Anybody want to do a presentation on secure programming?

Maybe cover things like c lib routines that are buffer overlaod safe. They
exist, but they don't always get used.

I can cover some simple shell stuff like tempfile, but I would be out of my
element in other languages.

This topic would actually make several good presentations, e.g. methodology,
methodology of parsing user input, network stacks, secure Perl, secure
Python, etc.

Alan wants to move to monthlies. This could be a good way to go.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans