receiving playlists to MP3s

Ted Gould plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Nov 20 00:10:03 2002

--=-8HcmzKE7yb9mvmgBSUB1

> I don't know if this is a stupid question to ask, but I want to record a=20
> playlist as it is streaming from a website to an mp3 so I can play it=20
> locally. How do I do this? Is there a plugin or something? Or is this=20
> suppose to be prohibited or something?

I'm a touch confused about what you are trying to do.  Is there an MP3
stream coming from the radio station with an embedded playlist, or is it
separate?

If your looking to write a program to do this, probably gstreamer is
something which would be useful.  It's basically a collection of
multimedia plugins that are connected by a common framework.  If there
isn't a plugin for what you want, you could probably write a small one
(and have the MP3 decoding etc. done with other plugins).  There is a
nice launcher so that you don't have to worry about connecting the
plugins if you don't want to.

More info at:

http://www.gstreamer.net/

		Good luck,