telnet and $LINES

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:04:04 -0700

try unseting TERM

\_ moin, moin,
\_
\_ using Net::Telnet to automate some stuff and am apparently running into a
\_ prob due to screen length or some such.
\_
\_ If I open an xterm and do the stuff by hand it auto prompts for "more" at
\_ the end of the screen. This also happens if I increase or decrease the
\_ size of my xterm, e.g. it works correctly.
\_
\_ When resizing the xterm $LINES changes as appropriate and it works, but
\_ changing $LINES doesn't affect the number of lines scrolled before being
\_ prompted for more.
\_
\_ Anybody know how else this would be done? With Net::Telnet I get 2 lines
\_ per scroll, which is highly inefficient for the number of lines I'm
\_ parsing.
\_
\_ danke,
\_