How do I become a Linux developer

Gorman, John John.Gorman@pegsinc.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 08:25:11 -0700

Hi Roy,

Getting started is sometimes tuff, but fun. You have to
just get on you linux box and code, code, code.

Usually while I am working I take a mental note of things
that would make my life easier (wouldn't it be nice if
this work this way), and then write a program to do it.
The thing is you have to find your niche. I like re-writting
unix tools from scratch, you may ask why, but that is how I
learn how the system works. I have my own versions of df, du,
who, etc as well as new utilities that work on OFS/1, HP/UX,
Solaris, FreeBSD, and of course linux.

Good luck.

John