ELF in RedHat 6.1

Matt Porter mmporter@home.com
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:32:34 -0700

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 08:33:42AM -0700, Gorman, John wrote:
> Does anyone know what happened to the ELF headers in RH 6.1
>
> The Elf descriptor and prototypes used to be defined in
> /usr/include/libelf/libelf.h, but in 6.1 there is no such
> directory.
>
> /usr/include/elf.h is defined in glibc RPM, which is where
> I would expect them.
>
> You can not do any elf work without the elf descriptor.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

You need the libelf rpm.  I don't run an RPM based system myself, but my
Debian x86 and ppc boxes have the ELF manipulation libraries in libelfg0-dev.
My current version 0.70 and rpmfind shows some older 0.6.4 packages out
there for your disty.

/usr/include/elf.h is indeed part of the upstream glibc package but the
ELF manipulation library is a separate entity.

Hope this helps,
--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com