CLASSPATH question

der.hans PLUG@LuftHans.com
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:01:51 -0700 (MST)

Am 30. Aug, 2000 schwäzte Lucas Vogel so:

> Could someone give me some quick "best practices" advice on setting up
> $CLASSPATH? The reason I ask is because documentation seems to say it has to
> at least point at the directory, while some seem to say that your .jar file
> has to actually be in the $CLASSPATH. Any comments would be appreciated.

I think this is just semantics. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure
$CLASSPATH functions the same as $PATH, e.g. colon separated list of
directories to search. The JVM then searches those dirs for .jar files.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.