December Hackfest Today@ DeVry University 11-2

PLUG Announcements plug-announce at lists.phxlinux.org
Sat Dec 14 07:02:18 MST 2013

December Security Presentation(s):

"Seize-uns Greetings" a quick overview of ShellCode email/embedded graphics
and PDFs, the gift that keeps on GIVING.  We will all be getting "crafty",
building out "gifts", then sharing and proving our concepts with each other
in LIVECD's.  LKachold, Systems Administrator, Security Analyst, CodeMonkey
& Zipperhead - currently on contract with IBM Algorithmics.

"Demystifying  Ransomeware and CryptoLocker"  a analysis of Malware with
David Demland, Software Security Professional and adjunct teacher, DeVry
University.

 Plus, as usual, we have LIVECD's and workstations for your use, with
public FLAGs, lab examples you can play with as practical examples to
master the concepts and learn to use pentesting tools and a healthy
security community actively contributing  information about their
professional security passions and play.

To get into the University, please go to the office on the 2nd floor at
DeVry and trade an ID for a temporary badge, or call (503)754-4452 and we
will send out scouts to escort you to our LAB 231.

Happy Holidays!

--

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype