[PLUG-announce]Okt mtg: east side

plug-announce@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-announce@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:15:42 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

the presentation this month is from Michael Crusoe on Firewall Builder. Come
learn how to keep your network secure!

When: Thu, 09Okt2003 starting at 19:00
Where: Sequoia Charter School in Mesa
Who: Michael Crusoe
What: Firewall Builder

Sequoia Charter School
1460 S Horne in Mesa
Room 901

http://plug.phoenix.az.us/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=1&categories=General+Plug+Questions&parent_id=0#3

Firewall Builder is multi-platform firewall configuration and
management tool. It consists of a GUI and set of policy compilers for
various firewall platforms. Firewall Builder uses an object-oriented
approach which helps administrator maintain a database of network
objects and allows policy editing using simple drag-and-drop operations.
Firewall Builder currently supports iptables, ipfilter, OpenBSD PF and
Cisco PIX. Both firewall theory and the setup of an example site will be
covered.

Bio:

Michael Crusoe is a System Administrator for Authenti-Corp, a small
business that specializes in all areas of authentication design, testing
and implementation. He runs Debian GNU/Linux (server and desktop) and is
interested in limited-domain artificial intelligence. He is currently
infatuated with the Java programming language.

ciao,

der.hans
#  ... make it clear I support "Free Software" and not "Open Source",
#  and don't imply I agree that there is such a thing as a
#  "Linux operating system". - rms