[PLUG-announce]Big Datacenter Tour!!

plug-announce@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-announce@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 23 May 2003 16:27:47 -0700

When: Thursday, June 19, 2003; 5pm-8pm.
Where: 120 E. Van Buren.
Park: On-site.  Surface level, at 1st street and Van Buren.
Also where:  Majerles downtown Phoenix.
RSVP limit 25 (for now)

Ever wonder what happened to the old Arizona Republic building on 120 E.
Van Buren?  It has been purchased and converted to the following facility:

http://www.sterlingnetwork.com/

They've essentially gutted the building, then designed and built the
best datacenter they could muster from scratch.  The datacenter fills
both basement levels, almost a whole downtown one-block footprint.  It's
huge and incredible.

Sterling Network is giving tours to IT professionals and other
interested people through their complex.  I will leave it up to them to
explain the specifics, but their major target market is people like you:
small businesses, individual contractors, etc. who have a need for data
center services.  Sterling Network is directly served by 24 networks
(AT&T, Qwest, Level(3), Time Warner, Cox, etc) which allows individual
users to enjoy a free market for any network service.  Sterling allows
users to access its space, networks and power with a range of options:
 From 2U, to cabinets, to cages, to custom suites.

This is a must-see.  Don't let the 25 person limit discourage you;
future arrangements will be made if I get enough RSVP's.  Also, if you
are interested in attending and can not on this date, please let me know
for a tour on a different date.

After tours, we will meet at Majerles for festivities.

--Alexander