[PLUG-announce]Arizona ITEC/HOT Labs

plug-announce@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-announce@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:58:14 -0700

Hello,

My name is Bill Fields. I'm the president of the Phoenix Network Users Group
(PNUG) and I'd like to extend an invitation to the members of the Phoenix
Linux Users Group to attend our "NDS Across Multiple Platforms"
Hands-On-Technology at the Arizona ITEC expo on October 31st and November
1st. This class is targeted at LINUX and Windows professionals interested in
integrating Novell's NDS into their environment. Please read on for a course
description. If you could disseminate this information to your members, I
would appreciate it. For more information and course sign-up forms, please
check out www.PNUG.org and feel free to contact me directly for answers to
any questions you may have.

Regards,
Bill Fields
2001 PNUG President
(602) 640-5800 x263

If you use Linux, NT or Windows 2000 regularly and have a desire to
integrate systems, this lab is for you. Though this three-hour lab
introduces you to Novell's Directory Services, you should have a working
knowledge of and use the listed Microsoft and Linux platforms and be
somewhat familiar with NDS. (This lab is not designed for NetWare operating
system users--the learning curve during the course may be too steep.)

Hands-on exercises will help you perform the following tasks:

     Install NDS for:
     - Linux
     - NT4
     - Windows 2000
     Synchronize Time across platforms
     Insert each server platform into NDS Tree
     Perform basic NDS health check
     Create users from a single management console

The HOT Labs model offers you the chance to get experience, as opposed to a
chance to get "trained," we promise you'll do more in 3 hours than a
training class typically does in two days.

At BrainShare 2001, this lab was a magnet for enterprise support engineers
and UNIX buffs. They enjoyed seeing true integration tools and really using
them, the excitement was contagious. If you meet the listed prerequisites,
we are sure you'll be excited too.