Subject: Feedback on the configuration I am considering

From: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2025 19:09:27 -0700

Hi,

Currently I am running Kubuntu on a 10 year old Dell that I upgraded to 
16GB of RAM (Years ago) and an SSD drive.

I have an old laptop running Win10 that came with a NVMe SSD and I have 
since upgraded to 16G of RAM and I added a 500G laptop hard drive (I 
have several just laying around).

On the Win box I installed VirtualBox  which allows me to create 
different vhosts (lamp).  I also use the Win box for recording videos as 
well editing.

I wrote an Amazon S3 PHP SDK script that allows me to backup my 
production websites.

I was thinking at some point in the future I was going to build a 
monster computer to do all these things.

Now I am thinking I can buy a simple shared hosting account and offload 
the VBox. I can make a subdomain for each of my projects and configure 
my Amazon S3 PHP SDK script to backup each project

I still need to record and edit videos.

I'm thinking I only need a simple laptop at that point - 4 cores, 32G of 
RAM, and an SSD drive, running Kubuntu.

Your Thoughts?

- Keith
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss