Subject: software RAID member names questions

From: "der.hans via PLUG-discuss" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2025 01:46:05 +0000 (UTC)

moin moin,

I'm using a USB JBOD enclosure to build a RAID set.

Restarting the enclosure ends up with the drives on new names, e.g. sda,
sdb and sdc come back sdd, sde and sdf.

I added labels to my disk partitions and was hoping to use them, e.g.
/dev/disk/by-partlabel/raid{0,1,2}, but mdadm turned them back to
/dev/sd{d,e,f} names as members of the array

Anyone know how I can either get /dev/sd names not to change for removable
media or get mdadm to accept the names I want to use?

I'd rather the latter.

ciao,

der.hans
-- 
#  https://www.SpiralArray.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  <arclight> Delicious red tape, like a Twizzler but flat. And adhesive.
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss