Subject: Re: Running Win10 after end of life

From: Matthew Gibson via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 02:40:31 -0700

There are no safe operating systems; With the shifting landscape of cyber
security, There are a host of problems for even Apple:

CVEs and Security Vulnerabilities - OpenCVE
<https://app.opencve.io/cve/?q=vendor%3A+apple>
and these are just the ones that have been reported.

 The whole thought process that "I don't need to update because my
operating system is built on this ideology"... It's like using port 8022
with no security, when you should be using 22 and being more secure with
your efforts to use it.

Each user has to weigh the risk that they are vulnerable against what they
need to do and how they need to do it.

For some of us, the risk is very low. For others the "Give-a-Dam" sentiment
is low.

O, Be Wise.
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss