Subject: Re: Running Win10 after end of life

From: Arun Khan via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2025 18:27:22 -0700

On Tue, May 6, 2025 at 6:03 PM David Schwartz via PLUG-discuss <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> It’s when people mention “the Apple tax” that the bias shows up.
>
> At least my older Macs don’t turn into door-stops when Apple stops
> supporting them. Two of them cannot be upgraded to the latest versions of
> MacOS, but they are fully functional.
>
> From all of the warnings I’m reading about Windows 10, I’m really not sure
> what to expect. I have two computers that I can’t upgrade to Win 11.
>

I don't think your Win10 machines will become doorstops post EOL.
Your Win10 machines should continue to work; without any security updates
from MS, just the way your old MacOS devices are working without any
updates from Apple.
It appears you are OK with EOL MacOS but not OK with EOL Win10.

--
Arun Khan
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss