Subject: Re: The Windows to Linux Conversion

From: Arun Khan via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2025 18:00:33 -0700

On Sun, May 4, 2025 at 10:03 AM Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Based on recent discussions, I thought you might enjoy a
> contemporaneous rendering of my switch from Windows to Linux in late
> March 2001 (25 years ago).
>
> It's called "The Windows to Linux Conversion" and is available at
> https://troubleshooters.com/tpromag/200104/200104.htm

Very nicely summarized and thanks for sharing your transition journey.
It brought back memories of experimenting with Slackware, Debian, Redhat,
Mandrake, Caldera (Looking Glass DE), and S.u.S.E and not to mention the
various DEs.

My journey from Windows to Linux is very similar to yours (1995 to present).
I had an IT consulting practice deploying IT infrastructure to the SME
segment; my USP Open Source solution.
On the server side - gateways with ipchain FW, proxy servers, etc.)
On the desktop, tinkered with different DEs (1997 - 2000) and settled on
KDE 1.x circa 2000.

Cheers 🍻

--
Arun Khan
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss