Subject: changing a user's home dir

From: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 12:04:13 -0700

Hi,

I want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

I have a unbutu LAMP server running on VirtualBox.  This is for testing 
and development.

When I add a virtual host I need to create a user for PHP-FPM.

To set the user's home directory I use  :  sudo usermod -d 
/var/www/<domain-name>/public_html <user-name>

When I ssh into the server with that user's name and issue "cd ~" I oam 
in the home directory. This is the behavior I desire.

Question is, is there a another way to configure this (specific to 
creating a vhost) when creating a vhost?

Thanks!!

Keith

---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss