Subject: Re: good means to find unbiassed reports about politics

From: Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2025 12:54:26 -0700

Hi,

I know there are people on both poles of the political landscape. AND 
for the most part politics should be saved for other lists.

You guys and gals have helped me a lot.  I think I may be the most 
active member of the list because I am renewing my Linux skills.

I thank you all for overlooking my political bend.

Mike did not give a political opinion he asked a question that contained 
some political matter.

I think Mike is a good guy.

On the other hand had I responded with my feelings about Cal and the 
wild fires... it would have been a long discourse.  However I sustained.

I thought we were talking about ChatGPT.

There is a lot to learn and we are the the cusp of some monumental 
change.

It looks like maybe Google is cooked.  That means blogging is also 
cooked.  I do most of my LAMP research using ChatGPT. I get good 
information in an easy to digest form and at decent level.

Keith

On 2025-01-25 08:44, Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss said on Fri, 24 Jan 2025 17:56:40
> -0700
> 
> 
>> On Fri, Jan 24, 2025, 17:42 Michael via PLUG-discuss <
>> [email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>>> I found a very good means of getting unbiased reports about anything.
>>> Reports the way they used to be. Just the news. Make your own
>>> decisions. Ask chatgpt. And then you can go go further into the
>>> information. For instance I asked for the latest news on trump and
>>> it told me he was in California and that he might withhold fema
>>> funds. I then asked why and it told me and then it said  that most
>>> of the land was under federal responsibility I then asked why the
>>> government didn't clean the land.... etc.
> 
> You know Michael, I've promised not to give you a hard time, but this
> offtopic POLITICAL post on a *LINUX* list is guaranteed to start a 
> flame
> war and is inexcusable. Whatever your disability, you can't get a
> blanket pardon on destructive behavior just because you have a
> disability.
> 
> We all have disabilities of one kind or another, and we all develop
> coping mechanisms. Why don't you ask yourself, before starting an
> email, whether it's about Linux, and if it's not, don't post it here.
> 
> To everyone else: Why do you respond onlist to this flame bait?
> 
> SteveT
> 
> Steve Litt
> 
> http://444domains.com
> ---------------------------------------------------
> PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
> https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss