Subject: Re: good means to find unbiassed reports about politics

From: "Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2025 17:56:40 -0700

Hi Michael.

Using ChatGPT or other LLMs as a valid source of news will end very badly,
and very likely you'll have had no idea anything bad was going on.

At it's core, it's just a probability of what word is most likely to come
next. People often say the A.I. "talks" with confidence, and as such, has
an incredible power to persuade.

The single best piece of advice I ever heard was from a radio DJ .... If
you say anything with enough confidence in your voice, they'll believe
anything you say.

This and also when the A.I. totally hallucinates but invents these facts
with such clarity and intention, that I have no ingrained reason to
distrust.

The number of times the Python code it's has helped me with contains a
library or shell command that just simply doesn't exist, but I never caught
it because I trust it to not lead me astray ... Which it has done a few
times.

Just my unsolicited opinions. Carry on.

---
Thanks,
Alexander

Sent from my Google Pixel 7 Pro

On Fri, Jan 24, 2025, 17:42 Michael via PLUG-discuss <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I found a very good means of getting unbiased reports about anything.
> Reports the way they used to be. Just the news. Make your own decisions.
> Ask chatgpt. And then you can go go further into the information. For
> instance I asked for the latest news on trump and it told me he was in
> California and that he might withhold fema funds. I then asked why and it
> told me and then it said  that most of the land was under federal
> responsibility I then asked why the government didn't clean the land....
> etc.
> ---------------------------------------------------
> PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
> https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss
>
---------------------------------------------------
PLUG-discuss mailing list: [email-masked]
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or to change your mail settings:
https://lists.phxlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-discuss