Subject: Linux and Football

From: [email-masked] (Ted Gould)
Date: 12 Jan 2004 07:28:32 -0700

--=-UEOq5J6WmRWZvRYnBKXl
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 23:33, David Huerta wrote:
> Still, it wouldn't have hurt to have added a Divx file or something.

Uhm, yeah.  Remember that basically Divx is MPEG4 - which is tied up in
the biggest set of patents and everything else that I've ever seen.=20
They're trying to figure out how to charge $0.10 a player for using the
standard alone.  Just because some people are willing to break the law
to bring that to Linux doesn't make it a good format.  Actually, there
are very few good, modern video formats for Linux.  Probably MPEG2 is
best, I think all the basic patents there have expired.

		--Ted

--=-UEOq5J6WmRWZvRYnBKXl
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature; name=signature.asc
Content-Description: This is a digitally signed message part

--=-UEOq5J6WmRWZvRYnBKXl--