For that matter, I was wanting to get the upgrade kit to get the 12th gen CPU, as well, so if you are in Arizona, I am willing to sell you the CPU/motherboard for $100 less that the site sell it for. You could get all the pieces of the laptop, except the board, handle it like the DIY edition, and you'd buy my board, that I'm using to type this to you on, if you'd like something even cheaper.

Just email me directly if you have interest: privateseabass@pm.me

Lastly, for compatibility: I've gotten QubesOS to work on this laptop, and that is kind of my benchmark for how well a system works with Linux. Now I just need Qubes to update their kernel 1 minor version to make the 802.11ax WiFi card function.

On 8/25/22 12:00, plug-discuss-request@lists.phxlinux.org wrote:
------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 11:10:33 -0700
From: "Harold Hartley" <wheelie207@ownmail.net>
To: "der.hans via PLUG-discuss" <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org>
Subject: Re: OT: Linux Laptops

The raspberry pi 4 has the Bluetooth 5.0 and no one has had any complaints. I just took my laptop to the shop for hardware problems and to replace my HDD in it. But I like what I see on Linuxforlaptops and may look more into it.

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022, at 07:30, Michael via PLUG-discuss wrote:
GOD is so good to me. I may be in the market for a new computer
linuxforlaptops also has NUCs (which I was looking for. I do have a
question about it though:
WIll I have a problem with the Intel AX201 WiFi tot 2400 Mbps +
Bluetooth 5.1
(https://laptopwithlinux.com/product/intel-nuc11-linux-mini-computer/)

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 10:08 PM der.hans via PLUG-discuss
<plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
Am 24. Aug, 2022 schwätzte Harold Hartley via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin,

I have been looking around for Linux laptops and finding most in the
U.S. are quite expensive. But then I came upon a web site that's called
"Linux for laptops" it's located in the Netherlands and a person can
configure what they want on it from Distro, Storage to memory. Has
anyone else familiar with this site or has ordered from them or any
dealings with them.
I don't remember running into this group. Thanks for pointing them out.
Will check them out.

If ordering from the EU there might be a couple things to be aware of.

A couple months back I bought a laptop from Tuxedo Computing in
Germany. My budget was higher than yours. I don't know if they have
something in your range. For me they were the only place I could find with
AMD for laptops at that particular time.

When I checked out they dropped the Mehrwertsteuer ( VAT tax ), which was
$100+, but then charged $100 for shipping to the US. In the end the total
checkout price was $30 or $50 less than the listed price, I don't remember
exactly. NE likely also drops the VAT tax at checkout, no idea what they
do for shipping.

The delivery took less than a week from checkout. That was likely
abnormally fast.

I'm just trying to find a decent priced laptop for running Linux on.  Here is the link.
https://laptopwithlinux.com/
I also bought some discount acer spin laptops for the family ( what I'm
using right now ). They have been good and were about $850. I specifically
wanted touchscreen with full foldover to touchpad mode for those. There
were a couple small gotchas for the install, but I had found a guide to
the install before buying them. They've been great thus far. They've
performed well for light Krita work.

The Destination Linux and Linux Unplugged podcasts have both covered Linux
laptops on their shows this Summer. It was mostly about latest, greatest,
coolest stuff, so likely all at the higher end of the pricescale. Show
notes probably have links to what they covered.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com <https://www.lufthans.com/>   https://www.PhxLinux.org <https://www.phxlinux.org/>
#  "Mathematics is the output of running the observable universe through