From: f.jenkins@airdc1.com [mailto:f.jenkins@airdc1.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:36 PM
To: daved@worldaccordingtodave.com
Subject: position open - please forward to Linux Admins

Hello Dave,

I recently viewed your resume posted on your website and noticed a connection to the Phoenix Linux User Group. May I ask a favor of you? If you wouldn't mind, please forward this to any colleagues who are qualified as Sr. Linux System Administrators. This position is based in Phoenix, AZ. We have a budget of $85k-$100k (depending upon years of experience) plus full benefits. For the right person, I may be able to push the client slightly over $100k, but it would have to be someone very senior. This is a solid "people first" type of company, very well respected in their industry. They are known for utilizing the latest and greatest technology. The position is open due to growth, this is not a replacement hire. Hiring due to growth is always a good sign. Team environment with multiple offices and approximately 300 employees.

Here is the complete description as written by HR:

System Administrator - LINUX

The System Administrator as a member of the IT department will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the staging and production platforms for XXXX globally while being available to business units with development hardware and software support. This individual will be responsible for supporting production affecting issues as they are escalated from the Help Desk, from our monitoring systems and sourced internally from within Infrastructure Operations. This System Admin must be able to prioritize and manage issues of varying complexity and criticality. System Administrators are responsible for resolving 80% of escalations before escalating to next-tier support. This individual will assist with the daily operations/maintenance of our production systems and will participate in projects to automate and improve current processes.

Role Summary

Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work associated with the XXXX production environments supporting our products.

Perform systems administration tasks associated with implementation, migration and deployments utilizing remote-hands.

Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for customer and internal needs.

Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Systems Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation.

Actively facilitate continuous improvement.

Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on- time delivery.

Create and maintain system information diagrams and detailed documentation.

Monitor various systems capacity and provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.

Use strong communication skills (both written and verbal) to direct with precision and clarity remote-hands technicians over the phone to execute deployment, break-fix, and upgrade plans accurately.

Travel on an infrequent basis domestically to accomplish on-site maintenance.

Requirements and Qualifications

BA/BS preferred (or equivalent experience).

3-5 years of relevant experience including in managing Windows and Linux/Unix platforms in these functions: DNS/ADS, RAID, system configuration and administration, media streaming (in Flash, Windows, QT, Real)

Ability to manage servers and direct contract remote-hands personnel remotely and with a high-degree of precision.

Minimum 3 years of experience working with servers and network technologies.

Must possess strong documentation skills using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other online documentation tools such as a wiki . Experience using an operational ticketing system to record changes and work history details such as Spice Works and Mantis.

Must be able to communicate with precision and clarity with remote-hands technicians over the phone to execute deployment / resolution plans accurately.

Thank you,

Frank

Frank Jenkins

Principal