didn't VMWare have a free version recently?
I never investigated one the recent posts sent out too much.
I didn't know the costs doubled.  Wow!
Yes I have heard talk of Kubernetes and the like around.
I took a course through the Maricopa school district last year but haven't used it professionally yet.

so much change to keep up with...

On Tuesday, July 2, 2024 at 04:13:28 PM MST, Adam Mercer via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 2, 2024 at 2:47 PM greg zegan via PLUG-discuss
<plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

> speaking of VMs I see they are migrating from VMWare to OpenShift from Red Hat at work.
> Anyone know more about this? Is it cost based?

More than likely due to the increased costs in VMWare since the
Broadcom acquisition. At work our VMWare licensing costs doubled and
that was with going down a license level and losing a few features. I
think it was a seven fold increase to stay with the same license. Some
other groups at work saw their costs increase by a factor of twelve. I
know there are discussions about moving away from VMWare to something
else, but that's occurring above my paygrade.

Cheers

Adam