I have been loving proxmox for years. Ran it my lab at work with semi production workloads and at home.

The big suggestion I have is read up on lxc.

Proxmox uses kvm/qemu and you can do a great deal with this even if you don't uses containers.

The biggest value I can add is use 2 drives if you can. Small one for proxmox itself. And then a larger disk for vms. Separate space for isos and templates is a huge benefit (local nas works here to if you have one.

Once you install poke around and make a mess. It will help you decide how you want it. (I reinstalled right after I set it up the first time because I really made some decisions that did not jive well with how proxmox does its thing.

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022, 4:06 PM Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
Keith Smith via PLUG-discuss said on Wed, 16 Nov 2022 07:55:46 -0700

>I am thinking of loading Proxmox on this computer and just moving
>forward.
>
>I watched a video on Proxmox and it looks simple enough.

Hi Keith,

When you've installed Proxmox, please tell us all about the process,
the landmines, the secrets, and how well it fits our needs. This will
be great information.

SteveT

Steve Litt