[OT] For an awesome WordStar clone under Linux, nothing beats the "joe" editor.  It can be run as "jstar" which is a pretty accurate WordStar clone.  I still use it when I need to do serious writing.

The simplest 'Doze Notepad clone for Linux that is very easy to use is "Leafpad".

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 5:28 AM Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
On Tue, 2022-10-18 at 01:42 -0700, Phil Waclawski wrote:
> Kate or gedit  are solid text editors for Linux, which are very like
> notepad++ which is a good text editor for windows
> Notepad on windows really shouldn't  be used for anything anymore
> Phil W

I can't use Kate because I kicked KDE and all its libraries and executables off my
computer almost a decade ago. I just tried gedit and it's the perfect simple
intuitive editor.

By the way, I re-tried Nano and it's not that bad. If I didn't know Vim or Emacs (I
actually don't know Emacs), and if I were in a pure no-X CLI environment where I
couldn't use gedit, Nano would be fine. Heck, it's a lot like Wordstar.

SteveT