---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michael <bmike1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 11:52 PM
Subject: Re: [darktable-user] start raw in gimp
To: Terry Pinfold <tpinfold@gmail.com>

Greetings from Florida! Well that is actually how I was thinking of doing it. Gimp won’t open the raw in stop and no one knows how to
get it to work.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 7:12 PM Terry Pinfold <tpinfold@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mike,
     I presume you are the Mike I have communicated with before from Florida?

If I want to work an image in GIMP and how I was planning on doing it. D Darktable I use the open feature in GIMP and being a RAW file it opens the image in DT. I do the necessary edits in DT and then just shutdown DT and the image is moved automatically across to GIMP as a 32 bit floating point file. I then edit the image in GIMP and export as normal. The other way I use the two programs together is to edit in DT first, export as a 16 bit tiff and then open the 16 bit tiff in GIMP.  I appreciate that these may not be the solutions you are looking for but it works well for my needs.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 at 04:09, Michael <bmike1@gmail.com> wrote:
I can't start a raw file in Gimp via darktable and was wondering if any one  has solved/has this problem?

--

--