The only thing I need them to do is loosen the screw s holding the board down. My little screwdriver doesn’t provide enough leverage.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 7:26 PM Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
Don't take it somewhere, what sort of self-respecting geek are you?  They'll probably know less than you do and screw it up.

Doesn't look hard, order a new battery and watch this.  https://youtu.be/GOtEPymBLBI

Get yourself a phone repair kit ala ifixit or a clone of it on amazon (I have both, not much difference), all the tools you need.  Invest in yourself vs. the random dude across the city.

-mb

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 4:27 PM Michael via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
Lovely.... my computer Is a swall computer (7"x7") and I can't even see the battery.
Even lovelier: the board is screwed in tightly and I can't get the board off to access the battery. I'll take it somewhere and let someone else worry about it. On a positive note the box is about 8 years old and the battery is only rated for 3 if it isn't used. It has been sitting unused at my parent's place for 7 of those 8 years.

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 1:23 PM Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
Michael via PLUG-discuss said on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 12:47:09 -0500

>When it begins to die does the clock not keep accurate time?
>
>--
>:-)~MIKE~(-:

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=computer+cmos+battery

Be sure to skip the ads.

Seriously, Mike, if you have the slightest suspicion that your CMOS
battery is causing trouble with your computer, and the battery is more
than 1 year old (and remember, it could have been several months old if
you bought the computer new, several years old if you bought it used),
why not just spend five bucks for a new one, and for sure eliminate a
possible source of otherwise hard to diagnose intermittence?

SteveT

Steve Litt