I tend to stick with the camera's native RAW format. Interestingly if you can peel apart a DNG it is a RAW Tiff with an XML file for related data. Great concept but it should have been built as an open standard.

On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 7:04 AM Michael via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
I mean like a DNG file is an Adobe product and I'm trying to convince
my photographer colleagues that they shouldn't use DNG but rather that
they should be using TIFF files when they need to convert a closed
format (I can't think of the correct word) image file to something
darktable can read. What do all of you think? Am I just being too....
stingy?

--

A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

Stephen