I have been using BitWarden since it was reviewed/recommended by Noah Cheliah on the  asknoahshow
It has the ability to be hosted on your own infrastructure as far as the cloud goes. I've been happy with its services so far. I don't have any problems using it across my device ecosystem, works like a charm on linux, android, windows, and I assume mac although I haven't personally used it there.

Hope my 2 cents helps.

Good Luck.

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 11:44 AM der.hans via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
Am 24. May, 2020 schwätzte Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss so:

moin moin,

I have been happily using and giving presentations on KeePassX for more
than a decade. It isn't cloudy, so you have to provide your own sync. To
me this is good as it encourages different files for different reasons,
e.g. I have a travel file with just a few passwords, a file I share with
the family and files for different non-profits I work with.

If you use KeePassX, I recommend the KeePassXC fork, but there's a
consistent lockup bug in the Ubuntu Bionic distro, so stick with KeePassX
there. Both are good, but KeePassXC has more people actively working on it
and is getting more updates.

As to cloudy services, I tested two different password manager apps
available for NextCloud. I was going to use one for a project, but stopped
working on that project.

There's also BitWarden. I haven't used it, but have gotten good reviews of
it from people at conferences.

https://bitwarden.com/

ciao,

der.hans