Thanks,
Alexander

Sent from my Galaxy S10+

On Sat, May 2, 2020, 19:27 Seabass via PLUG-discuss <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
I'm with Mac, I think it is not the firewall, but if you have the ability to plug it into a display with a keyboard, you can use that for configuration and modify a different device at the same time.

Makes it easier to troubleshoot by giving you the ability to configure your pfSense ports at the same time.

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 09:04:35 -0700
From: Donald Mac McCarthy <mac@oscontext.com>
To: "Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss"
<plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org>
Subject: Re: pfSense + Ubiquity

I can help - but I am unavailable to do so until tomorrow.

Make sure there are not any thing other than default VLANs on the
interfaces to start with. Ubiquiti is famous for not havinght eSFP+
ports active in the default configuration, and I believe the switch has
all the ports to shutdown on default config as well.

I think it is the switch not passing traffic through - no the firewall.

Mac
Snyder, Alexander J via PLUG-discuss wrote on 5/2/20 8:53 AM:
> Does anyone out there have experience with pfSence and Ubiquity switches?
>
> I have zero with either but that didn't stop me from buying both ....
> how hard could it be?! LOL.
>
> I bought a Negate XG-1537-1U. I bought a Unifi Pro 24 PoE switch.
>
> I can configure the FW immediately after
> firstboot/restore-default-configs, but only if i set the LAN interface
> to be the cable that goes directly to my laptop. That's great, but
> that does shit for the downstream switch.
>
> I have a 10GB SFP+ Port that I want to configure as the downstream
> port to ubiquity, but any configuration other than mentioned above
> fails .... and I'm now on my 12th "Reset To Factory Defaults" ... any
> help on this would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Alexander
>
> Sent from my Galaxy S10+

Donald "Mac" McCarthy