Oh yeah.... I was hoping for dictation. I was hoping that someone knew of an apt -get.... Well i found http://www.webupd8.org/2014/02/linux-speech-recognition-using-google.html but it doesn't work for me.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 7:57 AM, Matthew Crews <mattcrews@mattcrews.com> wrote:

From what I’m reading, this is one area that Linux struggles in compared to other operating systems. My guess is because voice recognition in general isn’t easy in the first place.

The Arch Linux wiki apparently has a list of available software. Pretty sure most of them are available on the other distros.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Speech_recognition

But it also depends what you want. Do you want voice dictation for writing (Dragon Naturally Speaking), or do you want voice commands (OK Google, Cortana, Siri, etc)?

Worst case scenario, you could just run Windows 10 in a VM or something, lol.

-Matt