I was fairly artsy with the rebuilding the hand after removing the bottle, but I did not modify the body outline so I would say that mine are less appropriate for public use. Fortunately you have Brian's more fully interpreted work to use!

Mike

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Keith Smith <techlists@phpcoderusa.com>
To: Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 08:51:43 -0700
Subject: Re: OT : looking for a silhouette image
Hi,

Please accept my apologies for such a delayed reply.  Been very busy.

Thank you for such an informative discussion!!

Where do these changes leave us with copyright?  The original is from Amazon and I would hate to violate anyone's copyright.

Thank you so much for all your help!!

Keith

On 2016-05-12 16:55, Brian Cluff wrote:
Having never used Paint Shop Pro I had to watch a couple of videos to
so what was so easy about it.  From what I have seen, I would say that
it's probably easy for you because that's what you already know.  From
what I saw it was very confusing to me.  I would say that if you are
going to learn something new, you should probably learn GIMP or Krita
so that you can run something native to your OS.  All these programs
will probably be just as hard to learn in the long run.

BTW, for what I did, I spent maybe 30 seconds in GIMP to get the
equivalent of what you did.  The other 4 minutes and 30 seconds were
to turn it into a vector graphic and clean it up.  I'm guessing that
everyone missed that I included a vector graphic in addition to the
bitmap on my message.

Brian

On 05/12/2016 03:19 PM, joe@actionline.com wrote:
It's rare that I have anything to contribute to
a plug discussion, but this might be useful.

Paint Shop Pro works perfectly via wine and
is light years faster and easier than gimp.

The two attached results took less than 2 minutes
total for both and fewer than a half dozen clicks.

------------
Here ya go...  Spent 5 minutes in gimp and inkscape...

Brian Cluff

On 05/11/2016 09:33 AM, Keith Smith wrote:
I'm trying to find a silhouette image like this one, absent the
product.
   http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411P-FNCrzL.jpg

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Keith

Keith Smith

The ones I did were are very similar but different than the original.  You should be OK I would think.

Brian Cluff

--
"Creativity is intelligence having fun." — Albert Einstein