---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carruth, Rusty <Rusty.Carruth@smartm.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 10:26 AM
Subject: RE: swapiness
To: Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org>
Cc: "bmike1@gmail.com" <bmike1@gmail.com>

Beware the sudo side effect!  ;-)

When you type this:

Sudo cmd > file

The CMD is run as root, but the write to file is done as you!

You need to do this:

Sudo ‘cmd > file’

Or something like.

Also, don’t append to the file (don’t use >>), just overwrite (>).

Rusty

Again, only you will see this due to my IT department’s email rewriting rule that I haven’t spent the time to create a workaround for…)

A reply-all will, however, send to both me AND the list – which will be seen.