---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: BleepingComputer.com <bleep@bleepingcomputer.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 11:12 PM
Subject: A new reply has been posted to cheesemakers-linux corner
To: bmike1@gmail.com

BleepingComputer.com

bmike1,

wizardfromoz has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "cheesemakers-linux corner".

The topic can be found here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406036/cheesemakers-linux-corner/?view=getnewpost

For those whom are visually challenged, that is, wearing spectacles or contact lenses and progressively more severe -

The Vinux Project may be of assistance.

Vinux 5.0 was released in November, based on Ubuntu 14.04.3, defaults to the Unity DE. With the November release, it is also now available with the Gnome-shell and MATE DEs. My understanding is that you have to install it and get to the login screen to get the options on desktop environments.

I have already tried the LiveCD option with the Unity default, and it is very good.

You can visit -

http://vinuxproject.org/downloads

http://wiki.vinuxproject.org/

or SourceForge to obtain.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vinux-support/TBV4G90_V1E

... answers questions on how to activate MATE DE.

Be aware that Vinux ships with the Orca Screenreader, and that is enabled by default to begin when you begin (at least, that is the case Live). If you do not need that, or it annoys you, you can switch it off, but you may find it hard to find where.

If that is the case, check with me at Visually Challenged (NOT here) and I will assist.

1002 Richard S put me on to this some time ago, thanks Richard.

:wizardball: Wiz

A Happy New Year to all

If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an
email for each reply made to this topic. Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.
This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

--