you can have a fully secure boot enabled system with full bitlocker support as long as you leave the windows boot-loader intact so that it has a fully protected chain of trust. you can even do this as part of a partition on the same disk drive as windows. It just takes some planning and working. and not putting lilo or grub 1/2 on the MBR of the disk. (easy BCD is what i used to make this happen.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/9528.how-to-multiboot-with-bitlocker-tpm-and-a-non-windows-os.aspx if you want to read how it plays out but i have done this before and it was rather fucntional and with a touch of reading and planning straightforward to put in place.

and on a previous comment an example of one of the deals I got for my wife, http://amzn.com/B00XYPX1NG

On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
On Sun, 04 Oct 2015 14:17:58 -0700
Keith Smith <techlists@phpcoderusa.com> wrote:

> The best time to buy is coming up next month.  If you can wait, the
> week of Thanksgiving should be a good time to buy and of course there
> is Black Friday and all the Christmas sales.  I only buy during back
> to school and Thanksgiving forward to Christmas.
>
> You can also subscribe to the weekly sales flyer from Staples and
> Office Max / Office Depot.

Here's the next fly in the ointment. Windows 10 certification requires
Secure Boot, but for the first time does *not* require an off-switch
for that secure-boot. So a new computer might be unusable in Linux,
except for the few big, rich distros who buy certificates from
Microsoft to certify their software as "secure". The Linux Foundation
supposedly has some distro-agnostic shim, but that doesn't completely
assuage my fears.

At this point in Linux history, if I buy new, I value Costco's
no-questions-asked return policy.

SteveT

A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

Stephen