cool... thanks for that little tidbit about adding sync to fstab. However, how do I fix it now w/o a restart?
:-)~MIKE~(-:

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Matt Graham <danceswithcrows@usa.net> wrote:
From: Michael Havens
> Oh HO! I figured it out. I removed the drive w/o umount first. I
> just did it again and figured it out. How do I fix that?

Don't remove a disk without umounting the filesystems that live there.  If you
do that, you could cause filesystem corruption.  This is because writes are
not necessarily done synchronously, so if you unplug a disk without umounting
it, it might have have half of a file written.  You could add "sync" to the
fstab line, which will make all writes synchronous, but that'll make the disk
slower.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog:  http://crow202.org/wordpress/