Now that's what I'm talking about!!

------------------------
Keith Smith

--- On Fri, 5/31/13, Ted Gould <ted@gould.cx> wrote:

From: Ted Gould <ted@gould.cx>
Subject: Re: bye bye M$ and Apple.
To: plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org
Date: Friday, May 31, 2013, 11:35 AM

On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 11:08 -0700, joe@actionline.com wrote:
Android is also on a path to take over desktops and laptops. A new Galaxy
Smart Dock allows your Android phone to become a desktop computer by
connecting an HD monitor, external storage, USB keyboard and mouse for
just $99. Now an Android phone can also be your entire desktop computer.
Hardware will only get better and cheaper and the Android OS is free.

I think that phones are powerful enough to do what most people need.  And I say that as I'm checking e-mail because I'm waiting for packages to build on my phone.  I'm not sure that Android will be the winner there, it's a big transition to go to desktop use-cases, just like it's hard to go the other way as well.  The trend to convergence is clear though.

Here's a nice video on it that you can send to non-technical friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iv1Z7bf4jXY

Ted

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----